The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

40K Field Trip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: 40K Field Trip   Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Some of us are planning on travelling to attend the next 40K Tournament at BattleForge Games in Austin.

The event takes place on October 10th and we need to be at the store by about 10:30 am to make sure things workout.

Idealy we would meet up at the Sugar Land GW to carpool And leave at approx 7:00 am in order to manage the required travel time and any stops.

2000 point army lists are required and MUST be printed off from a computer. Models must be WYSIWYG and no non-GW models are legal.

This is a "Hobby" style tournament and therefore emphasizes painting, composition, and sportsmanship. Armies should be tough but fair and not include maxed out characters or upgrades. 1 Lash will get in but 2 will not and be frowned upon.

Bring 4 copies of at least 2 different armies (one softer then the other in case the first is rejected). If you would like to go please post in this thread and include whether you can drive or need a ride.

Army list review will be held in another thread. This event could serve as a good test experience for the army you are going to play in the upcoming league. As lists for the league are due the same day, you could just turn in the list to me then play it at the tournament

Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: 40K Field Trip   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:46 pm

I would love to go but first I need to see if I can with work and finding a job, not to mention having my army ready by then. I need to go to Austin anyway.

Well let people know.

Season 1 League Record:
2-3-0 W-D-L, 1500 Vulkan He'Stan army

Feel free to visit my personal political website at www.redhottexans.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.storm-reavers.net
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 40K Field Trip   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:49 am

I've been making preparations to go to this tournament all week.

Surprisingly enough, I don't think I'm going to bring my IG army to this tournament. I just don't have enough stuff painted for me to feel good about even bothering to show up, and it's hard for me to make a "Not Heavy" army with the IG units I have built (and like Orks, many people in Austin believe that it's very difficult to make a "hobby" IG army that isn't also very hard core, mainly because all of the "fluffy" units that a hobby army would have also happen to be very good units).

So instead, I'll likely be bringing the mostly-painted all-Khorne CSM army that I bought a couple of months ago. Expect to see it at the store tomorrow/this weekend.

And as far as logistics go, I can comfortably transport one other individual in my car. I'm planning on leaving at 6:30 (as in "on the road" by that time), though. I want time to stop at Hruska's for breakfast on the way there without having to drive 90mph the whole way to make it on time. I also want to get to the store by the time the doors open (10am) so that I have plenty of time to chat with the Austin crew before the games start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesohungry

Mesohungry

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 40K Field Trip   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:10 pm

I also will hopefully be attending this tournament. I will be getting some practice with my tyranids all next week soo if anyone up for 2k ,Im in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: 40K Field Trip   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Unless something comes up job wise I will be able to go. I will probably leave Friday night.

Season 1 League Record:
2-3-0 W-D-L, 1500 Vulkan He'Stan army

Feel free to visit my personal political website at www.redhottexans.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.storm-reavers.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40K Field Trip   

Back to top Go down

40K Field Trip
Page 1 of 1