The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip Empty
PostSubject: Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip   Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Post your intended army list for going to Austin on October 10 both for tactics help / advice and to check how "Hobby" the list will likely be considered
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip   Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 am

-= HQ =-

140 Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Khorne + Wings

100 Summoned Greater Daemon

-= Elites =-

248 Possessed Chaos Marines x8 w/ Champion + Icon of Khorne

115 Chaos Dreadnought w/ Additional DCCW + Extra Armour

135 Chaos Terminator x3
- w/ Power Fist + Combi-Melta
- w/ Chainfist + Champion
- w/ Combi-Melta

-= Troops =-

245 Khorne Berzerker x10 w/ Skull Champion + Power Sword + Personal Icon

50 Chaos Rhino w/ Extra Armour

245 Khorne Berzerker x10 w/ Skull Champion + Power Sword + Personal Icon

50 Chaos Rhino w/ Extra Armour

130 Summoned Lesser Daemon x10

-= Heavy Support =-

240 Chaos Land Raider w/ Daemonic Possession

150 Chaos Defiler w/ DCCW x3 + Battle Cannon + Reaper Autocannon

150 Obliterator x2

Total: 1998

Pros:

- Mono-Khorne theme is maintained in all aspects of the army, so no one can complain about the "fluff" of the army. Also I have the greatest anti-hardcore unit in the CSM codex: Possessed Marines!

- Has a decent amount of anti-tank, assuming that no other "hobby" army is entirely mechanized. (If I see 4+ skimmer Eldar or 6+ tank IG, they're not getting a good theme score from me Razz )

- Has decent assault elements without getting ridiculous.

- Has enough icons and champions to assure that my summoned/deep striking units can come in where they're needed.

- Has two MCs and two walkers, all of which are quite good in CQC against most any unit in the game.

- All units (save for the termi-cide squad) are Fearless, so I don't have to worry about morale issues.

- Summoned Lesser Daemons are great late-game home-base holders if need be.

Cons:

- No power fists. I have to rely on my own Big-Nasties to counter other armies' Big-Nasties.

- All of my champions are a bit pricey, so the value/cost of the summoned daemon is reduced.

- "Only" 16 Khorne Berserkers.

- Actually contained Possessed Marines, the worst unit in the codex other than Chaos Spawn.

Alternatives:

- Drop the Possessed and the Land Raider and bring a medium-sized unit of Khorne-marked Chaos Bikers. Problem with this is that I don't have any bikers modeled with special weapons or power fists.

- Drop just the Possessed and fill the Land Raider with another full unit of Khorne Berserkers. Problem with this is that at this point the list starts to turn "heavy", and I don't have enough models to really make another Berserker unit unless it doesn't contain a Champion (no special weapon and no Daemon fodder).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Army list review thread for 40K Field Trip
Page 1 of 1