The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dark eldar tactics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRuss

TheRuss

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-11

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Another tactic that most people don't use is to use a Horrorfex/Terrorfex to pin fearless units. That's right: fearless units. Fearless means they automatically pass all morale and pinning checks. It never says they can't be pinned by other means. Fortunately our outdated codex is worded in such a way that they have to take a leadership test or become pinned. RAW, this allows us to pin those nasty fearless units and mobs. The only thing it does not work against are units that pass all leadership tests and monstrous creatures.

would this work?
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Its the dirty cheaty back door tactic some dark elf players use to auto win every game by having the enemy army pinned the whole time and shooting them to death or manipulating assaults

Horrorfex spam is a crutch for dark eldar players that cant win other ways

Its RAW legal and valid, but frowned upon.

Also its fairly easily countered by mech armies, guard orders, monstrous creatues, and expert players

Edit: With only a 12" range, you're asking to get kicked in the vagina if it fails
Back to top Go down
TheRuss

TheRuss

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:55 am

i was just wondering if it was even possible i do think it is a low down dirty tact but it sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
TheRuss

TheRuss

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 am

I have been looking around alot of fourms for tactics and all i see is horrorfex spam
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm

What about lance spam? That seems to be what I see the most (on the internet). I've never actually played against Dark Eldar, though.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Lance spam is essentially the Raider spam list.

4+ raiders with 5 man warrior squads with dark lance and blaster in the warriors, and dark lance on the raider.

Dark lances are the 36" heavy 1 lance, Blasters are the 12" assault 1 lance

The list posted in army lists with the tons of raider squads and 3 triple disentigrator ravagers is a workable dark eldar list.

You can also see triple lance Ravagers allowing you to move 6" and fire 3 BS3 darklances a turn per ravager
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dark eldar tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark eldar tactics   dark eldar tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

dark eldar tactics
Page 1 of 1