The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melee Combat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQQMorgan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Melee Combat Empty
PostSubject: Melee Combat   Melee Combat EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:52 am

With Melee combat I know you use WS do you also go strength against toughness and so on?
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Melee Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Combat   Melee Combat EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 pm

You roll your weapon skill to determine if you hit or not, then you roll damage and add your strength modifier.

To determine mitigation you subtract armor for the area hit and the toughness bonus from whatever the damage was.

So lets say I'm melee-ing a guy. I roll a 26, which hits, so I reverse the numbers to determine which part of him I hit, in this case 62 hits the body. I roll a 5 on my damage, and add my str modifier of 3, for a total of 8 damage. But the guy is wearing something with armor 2 on his body, and has toughness 30. So I subtract 2 for his armor and 3 more for toughness. He takes 3 damage from my hit, (assuming no further penalties for the quality of his armor vs. the quality of my weapon)
Back to top Go down
TheQQMorgan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Melee Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Combat   Melee Combat EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Legit. David once again you come to my rules aid lol. I just didn't understand melee combat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Melee Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Combat   Melee Combat Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee Combat
Page 1 of 1