The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old as dirt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonah

Jonah

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Old as dirt Empty
PostSubject: Old as dirt   Old as dirt EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Apparently I have been operating under a rule set drafted back when dirt was invented. I need some exposure to the new rules. I can field 1500pts but understand I will be stumbling my way across the battlefield.

I need a time and a place and some time for some explination.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Old as dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old as dirt   Old as dirt EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:42 pm

If you go to the GW store in the Market at Town Center, Sugar Land, there are typically a ton of people there on Friday itching for a game. If you run into me (Colby w/ the goatee) or David (with three layers of clothing and short, scruffy red/brown hair) we could run you through 5th Edition rules, plus tips and tricks for simpler/faster/easier gaming. Any of the older (20+) people at the store are also mostly just as knowledgeable, but not all of them would be willing to deal with having to run someone through a game without prior knowledge of the rules.

Still, it really won't hurt for you to read the 5th edition Rulebook (just the rules/mission sections) before showing up. In fact, read through them, put the book down, and come back the next day and read them again. You still won't know all of the rules, but it will help A LOT. Also, try to forget everything about 2nd/3rd/4th edition. Not confusing yourself with older rules is a big step towards playing 5th edition.

Anyhow, me or David will be at the store on Friday between 1pm and 7pm.
Back to top Go down
Jonah

Jonah

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Old as dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old as dirt   Old as dirt EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I played 4th. I dont know if it was a general rule misunderstanding of my last group but it seems like i have missed a crapton of stuff in 5th. I will pick up the 5th book as soon as i get back in country and swing by the shop. probably later this week. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old as dirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old as dirt   Old as dirt Empty

Back to top Go down

Old as dirt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Angry Marines :: Pick-Up Gaming/Practice Games-
Jump to: