The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3000pt hoard counter list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prof.Brown

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-09-21

3000pt hoard counter list Empty
PostSubject: 3000pt hoard counter list   3000pt hoard counter list EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 am

HQ: Vulkan He'stan

Troops:
Tac-squad w/x10/sword/flamer/heavy bolter - or - Missile launcher/
+
Rhino w/basic/

+
Rhino w/basic/

+
Rhino w/basic/

Scout squad w/x10/heavy bolter/x8 shotguns/

Elites:
Sternguard squad w/x4 combi-flamers/heavy flamer/
+
Razorback w/ass-cannon/dozer blade/

Sternguard squad w/x4 combi-flamers/heavy flamer/
+
Razorback w/ass-cannon/dozer blade/

Terminator assault squad w/x3 lightning claws/x2 Hammer & shield/

Fast:
Landspeeder sqyadron w/x3 speeders/x3 (butt)-cannon/

Landspeeder sqyadron w/x3 speeders/x3 (butt)-cannon/

Heavy:
Landraider w/multi-melta/

Vindicator w/basic/

Vindicator w/basic/

Total: 3000pts

Notes: This list was made upon recieving further information on the new Tyranid codex, and the 9 carnifex spam that accompanies it. That and the limitless numbers of guants that will be scuttling towards my lines.
I also wanted a list possessed significant anti-infantry capability while still capable of taking on tank armies.

Battle plan:
The basic idea of my troops is to create a 'net' of firelanes, allowing several squads to blast apart dangerous targets without blocking one anothers line of sight.

My scout squads were meant to harass enemy infantry and act as a forward bulwark against enemy infantry giving my tac-squads enough time to position themselves and provide the scouts with covering fire. When the scouts are locked in assault I'll purposely fail my leadership test and make them fall back, opening up the enemy squad to my bolters.

The sternguard are for crowd control, toasting nid swarms when there are to many for my tac squads to handle, or else need a strong point in my battle line. They're main focus is to kill enemy elites, especially synapse. Hunters, Lictors, and zoanthropes are at the top of their list, as well as Tyrants.

The vindicators are to provide some desprately needed heavy support, their main targets being carnifexes and Genestealers, as well as the Trygon.

The Land speeders jobs are to kill shootifex's and bio-vores, and blast zoanthroaps. Alot like sternguard with crowd control, and synapse hunting.

The landraiders is for fighting HQ's and Brood lords. Shoot the crap out of them and then mop up whats left with my terminators.

So yeah that's my battle plan tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down

3000pt hoard counter list
Page 1 of 1