The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850pts. this wednesday. 12/30/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackbird

Blackbird

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-12-10

1850pts. this wednesday. 12/30/09 Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts. this wednesday. 12/30/09   1850pts. this wednesday. 12/30/09 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:50 am

[QUOTE=BlackBird;133116]HQ

Company Command: 70pts
4x Grenade Launchers

TROOPS

Platoon Command: 50pts
4x Grenade Launchers
Infantry Squad: 100pts
1x Autocannon
1x Grenade Launcher
1x Sargent w/ Powerweapon
1x Commissar w/ Powerweapon
Infantry Squad: 100pts
1x Autocannon
1x Grenade Launcher
1x Commissar w/ Powerweapon
Infantry Squad: 65pts
1x Autocannon
1x Grenade Launcher
Infantry Squad: 65pts
1x Autocannon
1x Grenade Launcher

Veteran Squad #1 170pts
3x Plasma-gun
Chimera
Veteran Squad #2 170pts
3x Plasma-gun
Chimera
Veteran Squad #3 155pts
3x Melta
Chimera
Veteran Squad #4 155pts
3x Melta
Chimera

HEAVY

Demolisher #1 180pts
Lascannon
Demolisher #2 180pts
Lascannon

2x Leman Russ w/ 3xHeavybolters 340pts

TOTAL: 1850pts Smile

Okay, so BlackBird whats this list all about? Well let me explain.

The infantry platoon will be split up between 2 squads and there role is objective campers. So I will have two twenty man units with two auto cannons each and two grenade launchers each. That gives the unit some good light-anti-tank killing capabilities. Not to mention I've put a commissar in each twenty man group, so there not going anywhere till the bitter end. If the unit gets assaulted, each of the twenty man units has three power weapons. Two power weapons on the Sargents and one on the commissar.

My Company and Platoon command squad will sit back with the two 20 man units and lob str6 solid slugs at anything they can see.

The Veterans roles will be capture and control. Call me lucky (or other bad names) but i don't role ones with my plasma guns. They serve me well. I love how i can stay in my vehicle and blast away big and nasties. The Veterans with melta guns, i haven't really used that much but I'm sure that one will hit and penetrate some kind of tank.

The Demolisher's will lead the pack of veterans in there chimera. I Love painting and building IG tanks and these tanks make me happy.

The two Leman Russ Battle Tanks will sit at home base and threaten anyone that comes to close to my HOME base campers. (These tanks also make me happy, but there not magnetised, and there the old kit.)

I get to play once a week, on a Wednesday. So i'd love your help on the list. This is in it's 6th revision. Every time i play my IG i learn from all my mistakes. This list i feel is a strong list. I'm not sure i need the 4th vet squad. I'm building a banewolf right now. I might drop a vet squad to include that.

I look forward to your guys comments.
[b]
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kradio.com/

1850pts. this wednesday. 12/30/09
Page 1 of 1