The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imperial Guard 2000 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Imperial Guard 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Guard 2000 points   Imperial Guard 2000 points EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:18 am

-= HQ =-

260 Company Command Squad w/ Vox+ Medi-pack+ Master of Ordnance+Carapace+Plasma GunX2+Straken

-= Elites =-
0 Elites

-= Troops =-

80 Platoon Command Squad w/sniper+plasma gun+Medi-pack

60 Infantry Squad w/ Vox+Flamer

60 Infantry Squad w/ Vox+Flamer

70 Infantry Squad w/ Powerfist+Vox+Flamer

65 Heavy Weapons Squad w/ Heavy Bolters
140 Veterans w/ Vox+Grenade launcher+Missile Launcher+Grenadiers+Power fist

105 Veterans w/ grenade Launcher+Grenadiers

-= Fast Attack =-

155 Valkyrie w/ Lascannon + Multiple Rocket Pods+Heavy bolters

130 Valkyrie Vendetta

265 Hellhound squadron w/ Hellhound+Heavy Flamer+ Devil Dog+multi melta

-= Heavy Support =-

215 Leman Russ Battle Tank "Pimp-mobile" w/ Hull Lascannon+Sponson Heavy bolter+Heavy stubber+H-K missile+Dozerblade

215 Leman Russ Eradicator w/ Hull Lascannon+Sponson Plasma cannons

180 Basilisk w/Enclosed Crew Compartment+H-K Missile+ Camo Netting

It's 2000 points. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jubjub360
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Guard 2000 points   Imperial Guard 2000 points EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 am

- Orders aren't that important to your flamer-only Infantry squads; I'd remove all those voxes from them to save on points.
- Infantry Platoon Sgts can't have Power Fists, but considering that you only charged yourself 10 points for it I assume you meant "Power Sword".
- Platoon command doesn't need a Medi-pack. Waste of 30 points. Use those points to give them more Plasma Guns instead (including replacing the lone sniper rifle).
- A Heavy Weapons Squad has to pay for EACH weapon that they upgrade, so a squad with 3 Heavy Bolters would be 75 points, not 65. Also, for the same cost you could have 3 Autocannons instead, which are better in every way, so take those in favor of Heavy Bolters.
- On your first Vet squad, drop the missile launcher and give them 3 special weapons instead, especially if they're going to be riding in a Valkyrie. I also highly recommend that you give both Vet Squads something better than a single Grenade Launcher. Three meltaguns a squad is a much better use for those units.
- If you're bringing a Lascannon on your Valkyrie, then don't bother to upgrade it with MRPs or Heavy Bolters, as again any time you're firing the Lascannon, you're wasting the other weapons, and vice versa. Either drop the Lascannon down to a Multilaser or drop the MRPs and Bolters for the standard Missile loadout.
- Don't take both a Devil Dog and a Hellhound together in the same vehicle squadron. They're intended to kill different kinds of units, and can't target separate units, so whenever you fire one you'll be wasting the other one. Either make them both Devil Dogs or both Hellhounds.
- Leman Russ Eradicators are horrible for how much they cost and don't do anything that several other units in the codex can't already do better, for less points. Just bring a normal Leman Russ instead, or find the points to bring it as ANY OTHER VARIANT (because Eradicator is the worst one).
- You REALLY don't need to be wasting points buying HK Missiles for your Leman Russes. Use those points to help fund the Melta Guns in your Vet Squads.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Guard 2000 points   Imperial Guard 2000 points EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I think you can also save a few points by dropping the enclosed compartment and HK missile from the Basilisk -- You cant fire it any turn you shoot the ordinance (to my knowledge)

And I dont think you need/want the Master of Ordinance in with Straken as you can't shoot him when you move, and Straken wants to charge whenever possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can you bring a vox in only 1 of the 3 infantry squads and then merge them together and get its benefit anyway? If so why not do that and keep the bonus to orders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Guard 2000 points   Imperial Guard 2000 points Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial Guard 2000 points
Page 1 of 1