The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit

Go down 
+2
Wallweasels
Angelofblades
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit Empty
PostSubject: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:30 am

Here's a discussion on it that you will find interesting:

http://40kforums.com/phpBB3/complicated-pinning-situation-t63524.html?hilit=pinning

They came out to the conclusion that it is pinning per weapon, not per unit.
Back to top Go down
Wallweasels

Wallweasels

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 am

Angelofblades wrote:
Here's a discussion on it that you will find interesting:

http://40kforums.com/phpBB3/complicated-pinning-situation-t63524.html?hilit=pinning

They came out to the conclusion that it is pinning per weapon, not per unit.
Saying they came to a conclusion is pretty much a lie Laughing Its a "one side got tired of repeating the same crap over and over again" Razz
Back to top Go down
zannal

zannal

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:59 am

Already discussed with my last gaming group.
http://blacklotusarts.com/forum/index.php?topic=3190.0

Pretty much its worded so you take only one pinning test if you lost 2 guys from snipers not 2 tests.
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Ok I read that whole discussion and my head hurts.... although it does have me thinking. The continueous test per weapon does seem kind of ridiculous. Should it rather be you take all the weapons in the unit that are pinning and just take one pinning test?

Not trying to start another one of those on here but does that make more sense?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jubjub360
Prof.Brown

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Make's more sense for multi-test because the shots are not going off at the same time.

Example:

30 man squad of IG is shot at by devestator squad w/missile launchers. They fire four shots.

1st shot misses, nothing happens.

2nd shot hits, wounds 3, kills 3.

3rd shot hits, wounds 4, kills 3.

4th shot hits, wounds 2, kills 1.
So after they overcome to flee due the first shot that hit's them the guardsmen will have to deal with the fear of two more missiles blowing their comrades apart.

Therefore they'll have to take a leadership test because they're trying to resist the urge to run when each missile is hurtling towards them.

Makes sense to me, and it's valid so I'd do it.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Not to stir up the hornet's nest that was this topic, but I think we were just talking about Pinning Tests, not Morale. Missiles don't cause pinning. Also, all wounds caused by a single unit firing are all saved at the same time, so it's not like it was in 4th Ed. where you'd do one missile, determine casualties, fire the next and determine casualties, and so forth as so on.

Anyhow, we all pretty much agreed with the conclusion that one unit firing at another unit can only cause one Pinning and/or Morale test per enemy unit that it fires at. So for example, an IG infantry squad has a mortar and a sniper rifle. Through incredible luck they fire at a Space Marine unit and manage to hit, wound, and kill a marine with both the mortar AND the sniper rifle. The marines, even though they took casualties from two pinning weapons, would still only take one Pinning Test.

Whether that's really case is irrelevant, because that's just how we decided to do it to keep things simple and civil.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Brown

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm going to do some research and see if I can make a cohesive argument for mutli-pinning.

Then use it against my local gaming group. (Hey... they don't cut me any slack with the rules, why should I?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit   Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinning Per weapon, not Per unit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Angry Marines :: Strategy and Tactics-
Jump to: