The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revenant Titan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:16 am

Looking at the photo I'm holding it at an odd angle, and not the actual position it would be in if mounted on a base.

The intent is that the model is moving backwards to the right, looking at and shooting something to his front left, while covering the retreat to the right.

The leg plates and body guards all slant as they would if he were in motion, and the feet when based will reflect his backward movement.

The head is not currently attached and was just resting there, so it can be shifted as necessary, I can also turn the jump pack jets a bit as I think they're slightly too close together in the front, even though they match the picture.

I'll probably prime it tomorrow assuming it survives my "glue test" which will determine if its together well enough to be played. The right leg likes to fall off like once a day.

Anyone that can suggest a material to make the base from and can help me with pinning it to the base would be much appreciated.

Revenant Titan Photo11
Back to top Go down
jellydragn

jellydragn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 am

I have some 8 1/2 in x 12 in x 1/8 inch thick Medium Density Fiber (MDF) board that is perfect for basing. We could use two sheets on top of each other so there would be room to counter sink the "pins" which could be screws with flat style heads or nails with large flat heads either one. A quick trip to Court's Hardware in Stafford should yield the best "pins". Let me know if you want to give it a look see.

You can email me at dean.fagan at bp.com (just take out the spaces and convert the word to the symbol)

Dean "jellydrag" Fagan
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deanfagan
jellydragn

jellydragn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 am

I have some 8 1/2 in x 12 in x 1/8 inch thick Medium Density Fiber (MDF) board that is perfect for basing. We could use two sheets on top of each other so there would be room to counter sink the "pins" which could be screws with flat style heads or nails with large flat heads either one. A quick trip to Court's Hardware in Stafford should yield the best "pins". Let me know if you want to give it a look see.

You can email me at dean.fagan at bp.com (just take out the spaces and convert the word to the symbol)

Dean "jellydragn" Fagan
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deanfagan
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 am

Looking good David.

For a base I would go with what jelldragn said or buy one from Ironhalo.net
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:01 am

Since when do you have a cheesedar army?
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
Sponsored content

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan Empty

Back to top Go down

Revenant Titan
Page 1 of 1