The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angels Priorities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Blood Angels Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels Priorities   Blood Angels Priorities EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Lets say I have most of a list for Blood Angels established, ie. I don't want to change much of what is already in the list.

I have a reasonable amount of point remaining.

I could add either 2 Sangiunary Priests to the list or 3 Mutlimelta attack bikes (dont worry about the points) and still get an additional utility unit I think I want.

Basically I want people's opinion on whether I should add 2 priests to an army with no priests (but potentially only useful for feel no pain -- furious charge would nice but not necessary / overkill) or if I should add 3 multimelta bikes to the list.

Already in the list: 6 Missile Launchers, 4 Meltas, 4 Infernus pistols, 2 Baal Predators (for my main shooting). Likely 2 lascannons will be added in the additional unit.

I do however, have no Librarian anywhere in the list (and therefore no psy-defense) I could add one in as either a normal Librarian or Furioso, though it would mean I certainly couldn't add bikes if I use the Dreadnaught.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Blood Angels Priorities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Priorities   Blood Angels Priorities EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

It sounds to me like you're in a position with your army where there's no right answer, but I get the feeling that adding MM attack bikes is the least correct answer, even though it's not neccessarily "wrong".

If it were me, I think I'd bring two priests over one librarian. If you have enough warm bodies the Feel no Pain should help keep you in the game longer than the psychic hood and/or Shield of Sanguinius. Quick now, name every psychic power that kills models without them getting to take FnP. I can think of:

- Breath of Chaos (your fault if it hits you)
- Bolt of Tzeentch (OooOOoo scary!)
- Gift of Chaos (potentially dangerous in skilled hands)
- Smite (see Bolt of Tzeentch)
- Blood Boil (who brings this?)
- Blood Lance (if it hits a guy it's because he was between the psyker and a vehicle; MOVE BITCH! GET OUT DA WAY!)
- World of the Wolf Jaws (a legitimate threat)
- Soul Storm (who goes to Hooters for wings?)

So out of that we really have two real threats (three if you count Breath), all of which can be mitigated with proper movement and tactics.

So TLDR:

Priests.
Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Priorities
Page 1 of 1