The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T-shirts Ideas and Ordering

Go down 
+6
spacewolflars
Zreggun
Nick
Mesohungry
For Dorn!
thedenver(admin)
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-02-02

T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Empty
PostSubject: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:57 pm

So I've heard we have hook-ups on a sweet deal on prices with Angello. Is this true?

Also, lets start coming up with t-shirt designs. I think the base color should be yellow so it stands out better.
Back to top Go down
http://theangrymarines.com
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:07 pm

For Dorn agrees. LOL. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
Mesohungry

Mesohungry

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Ive been coming up with an few idea but I would like for an few ideas before i try to make an final product and an price range on how much everyone is willing to spend.
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:25 pm

well i think most of us agree that the shirt should be yellow. most likely with red type and a logo with our name. anything else?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:34 am

Yellow shirt with red type? Let's come up with something that won't make people throw up or threaten epileptics.

Here is a possible design I put together now. We can change it however we want- the original version I had was with the logo completely on the front and bigger, to attract attention, with all of the text on the back and put together. We can switch front and back and do different things with the text or whatever people like.

T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Angryshirtsbetaver1copy
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 am

The "frowny face" goes a long way.

My vote is to have just the face on the front (like the old "have a nice day" shirts) and then on the back:

ANGRY
MARINES
(in big text as you have it)

A Sugar Land, TX WH40K League (in much smaller text)
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 am

Heh yeah that was actually my original idea. I'll upload a modified version soon.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am

I vote for Yellow shirt with mad face on front and on back :

SugarLand

S.L.A.M. (This in large text in the middle)

Angry Marines

Like This:
T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Angrys13

I like that the acronym for the club works as a battle cry too.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

I will try to make and post both designs tomorrow evening when I am done with my political lectures here in the boonies of west Germany.
Back to top Go down
Wallweasels

Wallweasels

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Well I am in favor for any shirt that is black, but only since i mostly wear that anyway, and I am to stubborn to change that. Either way, I do agree that the ">: (" face is mostly the hallmark of it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Nick wrote:
Yellow shirt with red type? Let's come up with something that won't make people throw up or threaten epileptics.

Here is a possible design I put together now. We can change it however we want- the original version I had was with the logo completely on the front and bigger, to attract attention, with all of the text on the back and put together. We can switch front and back and do different things with the text or whatever people like.

T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Angryshirtsbetaver1copy

id buy one
Back to top Go down
Mesohungry

Mesohungry

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

well I came Up with idea from the people showing up at GW and this is what I came up with.T-shirts Ideas and Ordering TshirtDesign (thjs is only an example )
from opinions that I got from fellow S.L.A.M members. Well have the angry marines logo in the back of the shirt and the left shoulder [url=T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Redangrymarinessymbol and the front will have the sugarland angry marine emblem in the front/center[url=T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Slam]T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Slam[/url]

this shirt is still open for opinion until April 18th is which Ill have an vote and finalize the design. I have placed an signup sheet and example diagram of the shirt at the GW so we now place spots on who gets it first. Message the forum for any ideas so we can have an vote.
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 pm

i give you big props for heading all this up. thanks a bunch angello
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:31 pm

im diggin the black one
Back to top Go down
Mesohungry

Mesohungry

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:31 am

Due to careful consideration from an large quantity of SLAM members we have the voted that the color of the T shirt will be YELLOW with the Angry Marine Symbol In the Front. Since its the season we will have short sleeve Tees with the Sargent symbol on the right and the left will be the angry marines symbol with "S.L.A.M." below it. I will finalize the tees before April 18th and hopefully have an Price range for those getting it. Right now estimates have been between 10-20$ depending on our final design.

Send VOtes me a the Forums or Email me at Leo_dragon06@yahoo.com (Will not count opinions of one guys as Vote, So vote!! or get some else to do this!!!)
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 am

I would have preferred black to yellow since the smiley face is already yellow but hey whatever people want. We can always do another version in another year or two.

What are we voting on exactly? Should I be putting up another design according to the description you mentioned Angello?
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I know that black looks all cool and everything and would help us to not stand out so much, but if we are showing off our club don't we want to not blend in?

It also matches the power armor of the angry marines. In the same token, having the logo on the front would also be pretty close to what all the "in" Astartes are wearing on the front of their armor as well. Denver and Angelo were talking about some other cool graphics like the angry face repeated on the shoulder and "insert face here" on the cuff of a long sleeve shirt. I'd be all for those as well.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:30 pm

I can maybe make the face red like in the logo picture above? Yellow face on yellow shirt wouldn't pop. If we're not going with black than I am all for the idea of making it look as much as the armor and space marine design as possible
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:29 pm

The idea with the all Yellow shirt is there is no difference between the yellow of the shirt and the yellow of the face.

Thus the black outlines that actually draw the face will stand out and create a more impressive effect.

Black shirts will fade quickly and will look poor and old while an all yellow shirt will not show wear and tear as the whole thing is 1 solid color.

Plus a black shirt with the face will fail to show the outline of the face because it itself is black.
Back to top Go down
Peter

Peter

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

I do like the black because it makes the lettering and the designs stand out. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:51 am

David wrote:
The idea with the all Yellow shirt is there is no difference between the yellow of the shirt and the yellow of the face.

Thus the black outlines that actually draw the face will stand out and create a more impressive effect.

this is dumb and not true

If we're going to use yellow shirts (and I prefer black ones so that the yellow writing pops out), then we need to at least make the unhappy faces different colors so they stand out. Which would be red in this case, like on the power armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts Ideas and Ordering   T-shirts Ideas and Ordering Empty

Back to top Go down

T-shirts Ideas and Ordering
Page 1 of 1