The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? Empty
PostSubject: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Can the thunderfire techmarine buy servitors to join him?

My first thought would be to say no. So I asked at the store the other day and was told no they could not, because it says in the MoTF and Techmarines entries that they could but not in the Thunderfires entry.

But once I got home and checked the codex, it does not say that in the entries.

Below the techmarine's entry there is a servitor entry, and it says "You may include one unit of Servitors for every Techmarine or Master of the Forge in your army."

So again, can the thunderfires techmarine buy servitors? Also, either way, can you also point out where it says this is or is not okay.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm willing to say that you CAN buy servitors for your techmarine that comes with the thunderfire cannon as you are allowed to run servitors as a stand alone unit not attached to the Tech.

However, obviously you cannot attach the servitors to the techmarine, as units cannot join independent characters, but characters join units. And since the Techmarine is acting as crew for an artillery piece, he is already attached to a unit.

If you're willing to make the mindlock rolls every turn and have some really expensive BS3 models, I say why not.
Back to top Go down
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

PostSubject: Re: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
zannal

zannal

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:08 pm

I have to say you can't purchase servitors for the thunderfire cannon.
The Space Marine servitor entry says you may get one for each techmarine and MotF. The issue is with the Cannon you are buying a thunderfire cannon. Also under the thunderfire entry the techmarine is referred to as ''techmarine gunner' while the stat line says 'techmarine'.
Then again even if you could get servitors for the thunderfire cannon, why would you?
Back to top Go down
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

PostSubject: Re: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:37 pm

zannal wrote:
I have to say you can't purchase servitors for the thunderfire cannon.
The Space Marine servitor entry says you may get one for each techmarine and MotF. The issue is with the Cannon you are buying a thunderfire cannon. Also under the thunderfire entry the techmarine is referred to as ''techmarine gunner' while the stat line says 'techmarine'.

Ya, I thought of that also and mentioned it to David before I read his post.

I agree that thunderfire cannon techmarines can not get servitors.

zannal wrote:
Then again even if you could get servitors for the thunderfire cannon, why would you?.

Two reasons.
  1. Give the techmarine more wounds. (ie, hit squad, take off servitor instead of techmarine)
  2. More fire support from the unit. (As artillery unit members (other then the gunner) can fire at one target, while the artillery fires at another target)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?   Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the thunderfire techmarine get servitors?
Page 1 of 1