The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 2 Schedule ---

Go down 
+3
Manichunter
Angelofblades
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Season 2 Schedule --- Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:55 am

The Schedule has changed slightly and is reflected in the original post, however, here is the schedule as posted in store, with names

Week 1

Angelo v Russel

Parker v Jack

Jon v Chris

Jay v Nate

Joe v Colby

David v Tory

Week 2

Chris v Jack

Jon v Nate

Jay v Angelo

Joe v Parker

David v Colby

Tory v Russel

Week 3

Colby v Russel

Tory v Nate

Joe v David

Angelo v Chris

Jon v Parker

Jack v Jay

Week 4

Angelo v Colby

Jay v Parker

Jon v Joe

David v Russel

Jack v Nate

Tory v Chris

Week 5

Russel v Jay

Tory v Joe

Jon v Jack

Parker v David

Colby v Chris

Nate v Angelo

Week 6

Angelo v Jon

Parker v Tory

Jay v Chris

David v Jack

Colby v Nate

Joe v Russel

Week 7

Angelo v Jack

Parker v Russel

Jon v Jay

Joe v Nate

Tory v Colby

David v Chris

Last edited by David on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 am

I'll post a spread sheet of this in the store that obviously will only include names and be infinitely easier to read.

But until then, I hope everyone can figure it out
Back to top Go down
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 am

All I know is:

Week 1:
Jay vs Nate - time for some pay back buddy, hope your pups are ready.

Week 2:
Jay vs Angelo - HA!

Week 3:
Jay vs Jack - Problematic....

Week 4:
Jau vs Parker - really?

Week 5:
Jay vs Zach - ...

Week 6:
Jay vs Chris - .... Problematic...

Week 7:
Jay vs Russel - HA!

Not a bad draw for me, not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 am

Yeah boy............ Ready for another run. I really appreciate bashing some heads in on the icy tundra.......

I am a little confused, but hey I can run anything

Week one- Jon, I quest we will get to meet one another

Week two- Jack will be under attack

Week three- Jon again, I guess one of us will be up for a little payback or maybe a whole bunch. This could turn into a grudge match.

Week four- Tory, I will have to beat this guy, just because he is so cool, maybe he will break a sweat.

Week five- Colby, I heard you are playing those Orks. I like this............. This will be a critical week, will have to bring my A+ game for all those guys who are so hard to kill.

Week six- Jay, now get a break, this will be like a 40k gaming sabbath game for me............. the LA Clippers. Sort of like playing He might want to forfiet right now

Week seven- Why David Why???????????????????? What are you running with by the way. I hope it is not the death company. I am planning now how to kill them. This is not fair, I have a Blood Angels army too. You will take it easy on me okay. HEHEHEHE

I wanted Joe some where in the mix, maybe in the playoffs if he can get past the others. I sort of like to pick my adversaries from previous matches. I always have a favorite list to play against.............. Somehow it always turns out to be Chaos most of the time. Does anyone remember the Iron Warriors four heavy support list.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 am

I don't think you're supposed to play the same person twice in the the season...

I think David needs to fix that.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:30 am

I think I fixed all the repeats, but if not I'll fix it when I make the spreadsheet in 10 minutes

Chris I'm playing generic codex marines instead of blood angels, we were going to have 16 players and only 2 generic marines, so I switched, then a couple people dropped out.

Still I want to represent the codex and try and prove its better than people are saying it is.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:27 pm

The Schedule has changed slightly and is reflected in the original post, however, here is the schedule as posted in store, with names

Week 1

Angelo v Russel

Parker v Jack

Jon v Chris

Jay v Nate

Joe v Colby

David v Tory

Week 2

Chris v Jack

Jon v Nate

Jay v Angelo

Joe v Parker

David v Colby

Tory v Russel

Week 3

Colby v Russel

Tory v Nate

Joe v David

Angelo v Chris

Jon v Parker

Jack v Jay

Week 4

Angelo v Colby

Jay v Parker

Jon v Joe

David v Russel

Jack v Nate

Tory v Chris

Week 5

Russel v Jay

Tory v Joe

Jon v Jack

Parker v David

Colby v Chris

Nate v Angelo

Week 6

Angelo v Jon

Parker v Tory

Jay v Chris

David v Jack

Colby v Nate

Joe v Russel

Week 7

Angelo v Jack

Parker v Russel

Jon v Jay

Joe v Nate

Tory v Colby

David v Chris
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:13 am

The space marine codex is fine, it is a very normal codex with a few exceptions of things that are obviously too overpriced to be usable, and a general trend towards overpricing by maybe 5-10% across the board.

The problem is that it seems bad because almost every other codex other than tau, necrons, and non-MC nids is blatantly underpriced, overpowered, and a free win by comparison.

I was fine with the new SM codex not being overpowered because I thought they would finally bring all the codexes closer to one another instead of just trying to sell new models, but codex IG pretty much killed that widely-held theory by producing the most overpowered codex since 4th edition Eldar. So much for a change in GW's direction.

("Hey look I can take Tigirius or I can take 46 guardsmen, let me think about that real hard")
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
Zreggun

Zreggun

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm

After playing half a dozen games with the new Guard codex, I still think the Ork codex made the biggest leap forward, power-wise.

One definite trend that I've seen in the last 4-5 codices is that troops are getting MUCH more points efficient whereas Elite and Heavy Support choices are generally getting more expensive for very little extra gain.

Example:

- 6-point Ork Boy: Amazing.
- 25-point Ork Flash Git: Not worth it in most circumstances.

- 170-point 10-man Space Marine squad w/ Sgt, flamer, and Missile Launcher: Flexible and efficient. Almost a "no duh" choice over an equivalently-priced Scout squad.
- 180-point Predator Annihilator: WTF.

- 70-point 10-man IG Veteran squad w/ Sgt and access to a million upgrade options: Great, fluffy alternative to Inf Platoons.
- 16-point Storm Troopers: Almost completely useless. A 10-man Vet squad w/ 3 Plasma Guns is just as killy, cheaper, harder to wipe out, AND counts as a scoring unit.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Jon? I'm supposed to play him.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 pm

His contact info is at the store, either on the roster sheet or in the League folder. David or I can get you the info when we go there tomorrow if you can't make it to the store yourself tomorrow, Nate.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:38 am

You should be able to get in contact with everyone through these forums, mostly through private messages. The system should send people a notification in their email which most people check several times a day.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:35 am

I stopped in the store and I didn't see his name & number on the roster or on his army list.

I'd rather contact him through the forums, but I'm not sure what his member name is. Barring that, if you guys know where his info is then, yes that would be cool if you could PM it to me (e-mail preferably).
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:25 am

I tried looking Jon up as well under the memberlist and he is not listed as far as I can tell. I will be there tomorrow between 1 and about 6ish if someone sees Jon or can contact him. We have a game that we have to play before Monday......... Someone let me know if they can find him.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:39 am

Jon's forum name is: Yoda4982
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:26 am

David wrote:
Jon's forum name is: Yoda4982

Thanks David. Jon has not actually made a lot of post on the site........... Has he been around alot. I was looking for a post he might have submitted. Has he also submitted an Army list for the season.........
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:07 am

everyone's army list is in and official and cant be changed

some people's army lists are in the folder at the store and not yet on the site as I wanted to make sure I could take them home and get them back the next day, and have not yet had the schedule to do so.

I should have the remainder of the army lists posted by the middle of next week
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:28 am

When is the playoff? I am scheduling the Assault on Katy (part II) and I don't want to conflict.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:39 pm

The playoff I believe falls on June 20th

This date does not conflict with the Lucky 13's event at GW stores that will be dominating the tables.

We are currently in the middle of week 5, and the playoffs would in theory be the end of week 8, so if my math is wrong on the date, let me know
Back to top Go down
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:40 am

But it does conflict with the stores 1 year birthday party they will be holding that day. They are having a full day of events to include cake. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
Zreggun

Zreggun

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

Worse comes to worse we can just keep pushing it back week by week until there's a "free" Saturday. Otherwise we could try and do it at Asgard Games, but I don't know what their schedule's like either.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:34 am

Allright, I'll try to schedule for not the 20th then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Schedule ---   Season 2 Schedule --- Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Schedule ---
Page 1 of 1