The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Angry Marines Monthly Tourney? Empty
PostSubject: Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?   Angry Marines Monthly Tourney? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 am

After the fiasco that was Owl-con something Dave said had me thinking.

Why the hell don't we do our own monthly tournament? I mean Dave and Colby go down to Austin once a month for the monthly tourney down there. Why can't we do our own ?

We have a couple of options:

If our store is willing to support us, we could host it one Saturday a month. $15 entry fee, if we can at least get 10 players that would be $150 total, $90 for the winner, $45 to best painted, and $15 incentive for someone to judge.

The judge will typically be one of us Angry Marines. Meaning that we couldn't participate, hence the incentive.

If we really need to give the store some incentive, we could make those straight gift cards (with the exception of the judge incentive)

Now if the store is unable to I can talk to the guys at Asgard if they'll be willing to host us. This way we can attempt to get players from all over Houston as well.

This way we can show them what a real tournament (ducking) means. *grumbles about Owl-con mission 2*
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?   Angry Marines Monthly Tourney? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

That be a flipping great idea! I'd love to get out and play. I bet you i could get my brother to come out of the darkness and play too. (He needs motivation to paint).
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kradio.com/
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?   Angry Marines Monthly Tourney? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Just an update on this:

I have spoken to the guys at Asgard Games and they're all up for backing us up for this.

I've already set a date for 4/24/10 for our tourney date. Dave is tentatively set to judge. As long as life doesnt happen Razz

Dave if you wouldn't mind posting the rules so I can copy paste onto the Asgard forums pls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?   Angry Marines Monthly Tourney? Empty

Back to top Go down

Angry Marines Monthly Tourney?
Page 1 of 1