The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications Empty
PostSubject: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Warhammer 40,000 1850pt RTT

We will be hosting a Warhammer 40k RTT at Asgard games on April, 24, 2010. Entry fee is $10.

This will be a 3-round tournament with each mission consisting of a Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary objective.

Scoring will consist of Battle points and Paint points.

Paint will be scored by each opponent using an established scale. The Judge can overrule a paint score improperly assigned as either too low or too high.

Prizes will be awarded to as many places as allowed by combined entry fees and support from Asgard Games.

Games will be on a 2-hour time limit. Failing to finish all 3 games due to time will result in a penalty to overall score sufficient to reduce placing by no less than 1 spot. This penalty ensures a fairer gaming environment for all players in the tournament.

Players must bring 4 TYPED copies of their list (1 for the judge, and 1 for each opponent) Failure to bring a typed list will result in a 5 point penalty. No scoping out the competition then submitting a hand written list.

Overall Tournament scoring will consist of 60 battle points and 20 paint (with possible bonus points).

The difference between a fully painted and based army and the best painted army will be no more than 3 points on paint score.
Back to top Go down
zannal

zannal

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm

You think this would be worth me driving back down to Houston for it?
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 am

If you have to choose between a BFG or DLair tournament and going to this one (though they aren't on remotely the same dates) I would pick either of those. Just on Tables, Terrain, and likely quality of opposition you can do better there. No offense to any local players in Houston, but 4 big time wins from Adepticon just returned to Austin in the hands of different people.

I still have no idea how many people will show for this. If its 10+ I'll be rather happy, if its lower, it'll be a big bust.

I'll be running it exactly the same way Brandon does at BFG, down to the 3-part missions and scoring system for paint.

I personally feel spoiled having access to free tournaments on a monthly basis with high quality tables and terrain.

If you want a fun series of 3 games by all means please come down. I can hope its similar to the mentioned events only on a smaller scale.

In theory up to 20 players could be supported by the logistics of the store, and I think our group is personally bringing 4. We should make my minimum 10 to be happy.

Admittedly this is a comp-free tourney (so treat it as a heavy).
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 am

What's the start time?
Back to top Go down
zannal

zannal

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am

There's only a flames of war turny that saturday. So I may head down. Good to hear that it is more BFG style missions then the last turny I was there, no offense to Asgard but war machine missions don't work too well for 40k. I'm also gonna take a guess that there's gonna be what, 1 IG player (colby) some blood angels and nids mostly?
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

spacewolflars wrote:
What's the start time?

Wow, I don't even know.

I'll have to call down there or visit one day and figure out when they open / when we can get it going.

Obviously a 1-hour window doesn't help, but they open at 11am on Saturday so I figure 11:00 Arrive/pay/sign-in, and anywhere from 11:30-12:00 dice roll.

If dice roll at 12:00 the rounds will be: 12-2pm, 3pm-5pm, 5:30pm-7:30pm
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 am

Actually I hadn't put much thought yet into what I'd be bringing. I might pull out CSM or Orks just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
zannal

zannal

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Depending on what I feel like (and have time to practice/fine tune) I may bring ether orks or dark eldar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications   Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications Empty

Back to top Go down

Hosting a Tournament at Asgard -- Specifications
Page 1 of 1