The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2000 point Death Korps army list.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-05-24

2000 point Death Korps army list. Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:55 pm

HQ

Company Command Squad 60
Carapace 20
Vox 5
Master of Ordnance 30
Plasma GunX3 45
Plasma Pistol 10
Astropath 30
Bodyguard 15

Death Korps Quarter Master 60

Elites

Heavy Quad Launcher Batteryx2 100
+4 24
Centaur 40

Troops

Death Korps Engineer Squad 60
Gas Grenades 20
+5 50
Melta Bomb 5

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Gas Grenades 20
+5 50

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Platoon Command Squad 40
Vox 5
Plasma Gunx3 45
Plasma Pistol (Comm) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Commissar 35
Vox 5
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5

Fast Attack

Devil Dog 120

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Annihilator 130
Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Leman Russ Executioner 190
Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Medusa Seige Gun 100
+3 crew 18

1998 points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jubjub360
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh and the infantry squads are all together. Horde it. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/k/kreig.pdf this is where you can go to look at the Army List.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 pm

I'd drop the Centaur carrier on the Quad Launcher to pay for power swords for your Platoon commissar and half of the platoon sergeants. You could also drop some other upgrades to pay for a power fist or two in your infantry blob.

Also, and this important, Company Command Squads and Platoon Command Squads can only have one special weapon (unlike vanilla IG which can have up to four). Since that fact makes your list illegal as written, I'd replace one of the plasma guns in your company command with a Regimental Standard (re-roll morale and pinning for any unit within 12 inches), and I'd replace one of the plasma guns in your platoon command with a Platoon Standard in one of your 6 infantry squads (gives the blob a static +1 combat rez). You can replace the other plasma gun(s) with more power fists in your infantry blob.

You might also want to look into finding points to add a heavy weapon squad or two to your platoon (don't blob them in, just leave them seperate). The Korp have access to cheaper Lascannons than vanilla IG (95 for three rather than 110) so I'd probably go with those. You need the extra Lascannons anyway to pop open Rhinos, Chimeras, Waveserpents, and other transports.

Other than that I REALLY like the list. I wish more people in Houston were accomidating to Forge World army lists so that I could consider making my own Krieg or Traitor Guard army.

*GLARES AT DAVID*
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Alright sounds good. I'll go update this and post it on here. As far as I can tell though, this looks like an anti vehicle army correct?
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Ok following what you said (excluding the HWT which I will add in if I can figure out what to take out. Maybe the Devil Dog?) I am currently sitting at 22 points above 2000. Anything you can suggest to take out?
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 pm

HQ

Company Command Squad 60
Regimental Standard 15
Carapace 20
Vox 5
Master of Ordnance 30
Plasma Gun 15
Plasma Pistol 10
Astropath 30
Bodyguard 15

Elites

+4 24

Troops

Gas Grenades 20
+5 50
Melta Bomb 5

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Gas Grenades 20
+5 50

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Platoon Command Squad 40
Platoon Standard 15
Vox 5
Plasma Gun 15
Plasma Pistol (Comma) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Commissar 35
Vox 5
Flamer 5
Power Sword (Commi) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5
Power Sword (watch) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5
Power Sword (Watch) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (Watch) 15
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Flamer 5

Heavy Weapons Squad 65
Lascannons 30

Heavy Support
Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Medusa Seige Gun 100
+3 crew 18

I honestly think this might be my best work yet army list wise.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Re-write looks good but move the platoon standard to the infantry squad with the commissar as the platoon command squad cannot combine with the normal infantry squads. The standard only affects the unit containing it.

And if you're still over on points you could always drop the carapace armor on the company command. They should always be in cover or behind another unit anyhow, and you don't want them getting into close combat where the armor actually helps out the most.
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 am

Oh! I was wondering what you were talking about with the Platoon standard with the infantry squad. I went back and looked at the page and I did a double take. Now quick question though: Heavy Quad Battery (From this point on will be known as the Thudd Gun just like in the book) VS. Heavy Mortar Battery. They have the same stats and the same points cost and they're both Immobile. The only difference is that the Mortar has shorter range and the Thudd gun can shoot two turns yet takes one turn to reload.

Stats for Heavy Mortar: R:12-48" S:6 AP:4 Type:Ordnance Barrage 1,
5” Blast
A Heavy Mortar cannot fire directly.
Special rules:Accurate Bombardment
The Heavy Mortars’ lighter shells afford greater
accuracy than that of larger field artillery. When a
Heavy Mortar fires the controlling player can re-roll the
scatter dice if they wish.
Immobile
Unless towed, an artillery gun is immobile and cannot
be moved once deployed.
Stats for Thudd Gun: R:12-60" S:5 AP:5 Type:Heavy 4, Blast,
Barrage, Shell Shock
Special Rules: Slow Rate of Fire
It takes time to reload each quad launcher between
volleys. The quad launcher can fire for two turns but
must then miss a turn whilst it reloads, ie, it can fire,
fire again, then next turn it cannot fire. A Heavy Quad
Launcher may reload whilst it is moved.
Shell Shock
Due to the repeated impact of shells, pinning tests
against Heavy Quad Launcher attacks are at -1 to the
target’s Leadership.
Immobile
Unless towed, an artillery gun is immobile, it cannot
be moved once deployed.

(Source: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/k/kreig.pdf)

Also another question: I have chosen the Medusa and it can take it's Bastion Breacher shells. Now following the rules in the codex, I assume, the breacher shells would allow it to become S10 AP1 Heavy 1 Blast with the additional D6 for armour penetration BUT does the range still stay the same as it does in the Krieg Army List? (Oh and by the way if you look at the title for the PDF it's Kreig instead of Krieg how it's supposed to be. Just a little fun fact)
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:17 am

HQ

Company Command Squad 60
Regimental Standard 15
Vox 5
Master of Ordnance 30
Plasma Gun 15
Plasma Pistol 10
Astropath 30
Bodyguard 15

Elites

+4 24

Troops

Gas Grenades 20
+5 50
Melta Bomb 5

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Gas Grenades 20
+5 50

Hades Breaching Drill 50

Platoon Command Squad 40
Vox 5
Plasma Gun 15
Plasma Pistol (Comma) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Commissar 35
Vox 5
Flamer 5
Power Sword (Commi) 10
Platoon Standard 15

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5
Power Sword (watch) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Flamer 5
Power Sword (Watch) 10

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (Watch) 15
Flamer 5

Infantry Squad 60
Power Fist (watch) 15
Flamer 5

Heavy Weapons Squad 65
Lascannons 30

Heavy Support
Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Lascannon 15
Plasma Cannons 40

Medusa Seige Gun 100
+3 crew 18

Ok 1977 now... Hmm.... maybe I could take off some crews... Then that would give me 1935 and an additional 65 points which I could use to buy a mortar battery.
Back to top Go down
Zreggun

Zreggun

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 am

Here's a question for you:

Have you already bought most of this army?

I'm asking because if you haven't already purchased your tanks, I'd advise towards removing the plasma cannon sponsons from the LR Annihilator and using those 40 points elsewhere. That way you can use the Lumbering Behemoth rule to drive your Annihilator up to 6 inches each turn and still fire the turret TL Lascannon and hull-mounted one on the front. Repositioning that tank to go for side armour will be very useful, and if you're moving to get a better shot or move out of an enemy firing lane you're never going to fire those sponsons.

The Executioner is another story, though. Nobody likes to eat 5 plasma cannon templates a turn, so that thing will be a HUGE fire magnet. Might as well deploy it with a good vantage of the battle field and start firing until it inevitably gets taken out.

Now to your questions to me:

A heavy mortar is essentially just an immobile Griffon mortar, and although very accurate, we have to look at what it and the Thudd Gun are trying to accomplish for you in a game. They're both essentially anti-infantry, so take the one that does that job better. Even though the Thudd gun had one less strength and one higher AP than the Heavy Mortar, the fact that it has more range and is heavy 4 blast rather than heavy 1 large blast means that you have a higher chance of causing individual hits. The Shell Shock rule just evens the two out as far as pinning goes since the Heavy Mortar is an Ordnance Barrage ("natural" -1 to Ld for pinning). Also keep in mind that if worse come to worse the Thudd Gun can shoot directly. Thus my vote goes to the Thudd Gun.

Ideally you'd want to open a transport with a lascannon (or medusa if it's a Land Raider) and hit the contents with the Thudd Gun. Of course your opponent should be doing everything in their power to prevent that, but thus is the nature of the game.

Also concerning Bastion Breacher Shells; the Kreig book doesn't give any special qualifiers for the special rounds, so you would have to go with the profile in the vanilla IG codex, meaning that the Breacher rounds would only have a range of 48 inches and wouldn't be able to fire indirectly. That's still not horrible, but since your army is currently direly lacking in ways to reliably kill armour 14 vehicles (Lascannons are NOT a reliable means of taking out AV 14) you need as much help as you can get.

Oh, and I'd totally change out the gas grenades on the engineers for demo charges, OR better yet, use the 40 points from removing the Plasma Cannons from your Annihilator to give them both grenades and charges. The breaching drills are your best bet for taking out Land Raiders, and if you do pop them open the demo charge on the engineers will do nasty, nasty things to the occupants. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 am

Remember my IG army before I left? It's essentially that. I do have two tanks which one of them I will be converting. Especially that Eradicator that I had. Going to chop off the barrel and make it into the Executioner again. The twin linked Lascannons for the Annihilator shouldn't be too hard to convert but I'll probably end up buying the conversion kit from Forgeworld when I buy some stuff. I'll redo my list accordingly later on but I promise there shall be an updated list before 6 AM tomorrow. Tonight is a celebration! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Death Korps army list.   2000 point Death Korps army list. Empty

Back to top Go down

2000 point Death Korps army list.
Page 1 of 1