The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.

Go down 
+2
Nick
Prof.Brown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof.Brown

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here but a decent Space marine player all the same so here's my near-3000 point list.

HQ: Captain - 100pts - 170pts
X2 - Lightning claws ()
Jumppack -
Artificuir Armor -

HQ: Librarian - 100pts - 130pts
Terminator armor and Stormbolter -

Troops:
Tac squad - - 215pts------------- Rhino -
X5 marines - -------------- Storm bolter -
Melta -
Power weapon -
Missile launcher -

Tac squad - - 215pts ----------- Rhino -
X5 marines - --------------Storm bolter -
Melta -
Power weapon -
Missile launcher -

Tac squad - - 230pts
X5 marines -
Melta -
Heavy bolter -
Power fist -

Elites: Terminator squad - 200pts - 435pts
X5 Terminators -
Cyclone missile launcher -
Heavy flamer -

Dreadnought - Lostagius - 140pts
Heavy flamer -
Assault Cannon -
Extra armor -

Dreadnought - Hercantes - 120pts
Extra Armour -

Fast:
Assault squad - 100pts - 207pts
X4 marines -
Storm shield -
Power weapon -
Plasma pistol -

Landspeeder squadron - - 200pts
X2 -
Multi-melta -
Assault Cannon -
Assault Cannon -

Heavy:
Predator - 60pts - 185pts
Side sponson Las cannon -
Twin-Linked Las Cannon -

Predator - 60pts - 185pts
Side sponson Las Cannon -
Tein linked las cannon -

Devestator squad - - 210pts
Plasma Cannon -
Plasma Cannon -
Las Cannon -
Las Cannon -

Overall cost - 2732pts

Librarian - I use Vortex of doom and smite alot, it's alot easier for my termies to destroy... well, almost anything, when they have a Librarian blowing up particularly nasty things with a Strength 10 ap 1 small blast. Plus with terminator armor he can still assault despite the VOD being heavy 1.

Predators - I like meltas, they're great. In fact I've one games simply becuase I have so many meltas, but seeing as they have a range of 12'' they can't do much until they're within spitting distance of the target. Thats unacceptable for me, I don't want to constantly foot-slog my army, and the tac squads are better at engaging enemy infantry, but with a melta enemy elites aren't as intimidating. So to compensate for these things I have not one but two predators to zap things to oblivion, seeing as if one las cannon doesn't do it the others probably will, and the more the merrier I say.

My dreadnoughts - They've got the extra armor simply because it reduces the frustration of someone glancing my walkers. It's very annoying when someone uses a Plasma cannon on one of em and they glance it, cause a crew shaken result and waste the dreds time. I need the mobile and angry, not standing still.

Devestators - This is simply to deal with heavy infantry seeing as there are so many SM players, and everyone seems to be using elites in abundance in their none SM armies I'm going to blast both with this squad. Sure I have Las cannons in it... but now that I do those landraiders don't look so scary any more and my Preds can focus on more immediate targets.

So any advice on how I should use this army?

Embarassed Is it ok that I have the points listed on my army?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 pm

We usually play 2,000 point games for tournaments and such so I would at least do a 2,500 point list, and probably a 2,000 one as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 pm

You should remove the individual points costs of upgrades and instead just list the total cost of the unit

I did it for you for simplicity, though GW doesnt like things getting specifically listed
Back to top Go down
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am

Also, you might want to narrow your points down to say, 2000 pts or less.

The list just looks like a hodge podge of everything you have. Lower points game = less option meaning more use of your own skills as a general. At higher points games, you have pretty much access to everything, there's isn't much show of strategy at that point.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Brown

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I generally just love the sheer scale of fighting that occurs in large games.
Back to top Go down
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:16 pm

Nothing wrong with making a big army, I always have 5k+ points with me when I go to the store, and I know a few others do as well. The main prob is I never make army lists, so I always end up using the same army over and over.

But like the others said. I would make a couple of army lists at 2k. That's the point limit most of us play, on a day to day basis.

You might want to check your points again. Just from looking at it, I can see the points don't add up right. That might be Davids fault for not adjusting what you had before correctly, or not. I have no idea, I'm just pointing it out and trying to place the blame on David! Smile

Also, 3k is the magic number for apoc games, and I think they are still doing the lucky 13's campaign, so you'll be set up for that. Just let them know you are short a few points or some how max out your guys with more gear to get it up to 3k even.

If you ever want to play a apoc game, just let me know. I need a couple more stamps to get my lucky 13's patch. Unless of course it has ended. But I would still be down for an apoc game.
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
Prof.Brown

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:42 am

Alright thanks, I've actually been going over my list and gotten a bit fed up with the lack of force that my power weapons have so I'm going to go fist-happy with my revised list.

Any advice on how to use predators/placement/what to shoot when fighting necrons?
Back to top Go down
Mesohungry

Mesohungry

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 am

When fighting necrons I believe and good off. better than def. With there current codex standing combat is there weakpoint as goes for any shooting army.
I would try to uses less vehicle against em becuz of the whole glance vehicle to death ability that every necron player would bring. And always do your best to get rid of the Necron lords with res orbs, without it necrons fall to things that remove basic saves.But that just me.
If you like to shoot, over run them with as many shoots as you can. Statistics show that not all "will be back saves" can happen.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Brown

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks, I've been fighting 1,500pt battles against a 'cron player who's list includes a Temple of cheat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.   Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated. Empty

Back to top Go down

Spacemarine army list. Critique is appreciated.
Page 1 of 1