The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Ok not sure where to put this but since this does involve getting a game up and running I guess this would be the place. I'm trying to get an apoc game set up sometime in the next few months. Now while we were at the store the 17th we came up with some great ideas! This would be the place to get them all collected together. Basically here is what we have so far if I can say it properly. If not then someone will come back and correct me: We will have 2-3 tables maximum 30,000 per side of the table one side good, other side evil, full table. There will be a army general that watches over ALL of the tables for it's side while the players at the tables will be his... advisers for the army and table being played. Tons of other info was said and it was all great ideas. Hopefully Dean and Tim can explain the other ideas better. If you have any ideas you would like to add or want to play just post in here. Have a nice day!

-Matthew
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jubjub360
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:42 am

In order to make sure we get this done in a single day, we may want to limit it to 20,000 ish a side, and we could have whatever amount of players we want, though its usually efficient when there are less players with more points each.

I'd prefer to play on the side of good so I can stack both my Eldar and some Marines into a single army of a few thousand points. And I would be willing to do this as long as I have some advance warning due to school commitments and such.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:54 am

i can bring 10,000 worth of marines lolz

no really sadly i can thats why nothing I have is painted
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
TheRuss

TheRuss

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:53 am

i can bring about a 3k decent list of orks
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Points Limit: 20,000ish (per side)

Unless anyone has an issue with this, this will be our point limit

Turn Limit: 30 minutes.

Tables: 2,3 (or 4 if we can. Highly unlikely though.)

Chaos Marines: Matthew (possibly only because of how I feel that day Twisted Evil)

Chaos Daemons:

Dark Eldar:

Eldar: David

Imperial Guard:

DaemonHunters:

Witch Hunters:

Space Marine: Matthew, Nick, David (possibly (The school commitments part))

Necrons:

Orks: Russell (sorry if I butchered your name Russ, just tell me if I had spelled it right or wrong and I'll go and fix it)

Tau:

Tyranids:

This is just to give us a basic set up for right now. This isn't exactly how it's going to be though just remember that. If I need to make changes I will.

Now I remember yesterday when I was up at GW discussing this we had actually set a super heavy/titan limit for each player (or maybe it was teams... I'll figure it out) If anyone has any suggestions on what the super heavy/titan limit should be just post it up here.

I'm going to try and get the scenario story written today. Hopefully I should be able to complete it by the end of the week (Friday.)

Last edited by ultimateweapon200 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
ultimateweapon200

ultimateweapon200

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Just real quick does anyone have an objection to doing an alternate universe scenario? For those who don't know what I mean, something about the story is different from the regular story line. Don't worry no changes will be made to the actual game, just the story wise. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm looking at one of the maps of the 40k universe and I'm just wondering what planet for it to be based on. I'm kind of leaning towards:
Mundus Planus
Adeptus Astartes Home World
(CF White Scars)
Pop.: 10,000,000
Tithe Grade: Solutio Prima
Aggregate: 800
Aestimare: F400-G800

Info: Mundus Planus under full-scale infestation from subterranean Xenoform 77843 'Drugh'. All continents. White Scars 3rd, 6th, 8th Company en Route to engage threat.
(Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse book, Fold out Pages)

For the scenario the changes would be like: Forces of Evil are trying to claim this planet and the Forces of Good are losing (making the title "The Fall of Mundus Planus" or "Lazarus's Final Stand" (don't ask about the Lazarus. Just a name that popped into mind)) Now just because Evil is losing doesn't mean that Good is meant to Lose but it just means that that's where they stand at right now.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apocalypse Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Game   Apocalypse Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Game
Page 1 of 1