The Angry Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Angry Marines official forum. A Warhammer 40k club based out of Sugar Land, Texas that is here to bring competition and camaraderie to the local 40k community.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assault on Katy

Go down 
+4
Nick
David
thedenver(admin)
spacewolflars
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:38 pm

We have been talking about recruiting more people into the Angry Marines. In that interest I think that it would be good to try to branch out to other stores that are nearby.

So, I spoke with Raymond at the Katy store today about an inter-store event. The basic idea is that Imperial forces (ideally Angry marine chapters like Space Wolves, Templars, Blood Angels, Imperial Fists etc..) will conduct an assault on non-imperial forces in the Katy store. I would think that we would need there to be a minimum of 5 attackers, but as many as 7 or 8, and just as many defenders, which would hopefully be some of the customers from their store who we could induct into the Angry Marines. Raymond said that he would get back with me tomorrow or so. I think realistically we should be able to do this around the end of April at the earliest.

I'm not so sure that I would like to see this as an apocalypse game as that might take a little too long or too much space. I will leave that up to discussion here. In my mind, I see each player bringing somewhere between 1500 - 2000 points (more if it is apoc). So theoretically it shouldn't take too much longer than a regular game. Laughing seriously though, 4-5 hrs-ish.

What I see as the mission objectives would be a main table which is at least 4x8 and maybe even 6x8 or so. On this board would be the main objective: the enemy base possibly surrounded by 2-4 smaller objectives like bunkers or other strategic assets. The main objective would be protected by a battery of big guns. This would be on a 2nd table where a detachment would try to either destroy the guns or turn them on the defenders. There should also be a third table representing our big guns in our rear deployment, which the defenders would be trying to silence our guns. We'd have to have the turns be synchronized so that the guns would be firing at the main table in time with the player turns.

This idea is pretty much straight out of the last battle for armageddon series. I'd like to do something a little bit original, so if someone has any ideas let's hear 'em. The basic framework is that there is a main table with 3 or 4 players per side which is affected by a few oblique tables.

The Angry Marine Assault force:

Nate
Space Wolves
2000 points

Denver
Black Templars
2000pts

David
Blood Angels
2000 Pts

Tory
Imperial Fists
2000 points

Jay
Flesh Tearers
2000 points

Chris - Alternate-
White Scars?

Bunker Assault.
- 4-6 bunkers that must be captured at all costs. If the heroes of the Imperium can destroy these bastions of evil the enemy war machine can be halted before it can gain enough momentum to withstand the coming attack. Whoever holds the most, wins the engagement.
Attackers - Denver, David & Jay

Silence the Guns
- 3-4 big guns with a nearly infinite range, rain death down upon the righteously wrathful attackers on the main battlefield. Kill the crews and maybe even train the guns upon the foul enemies of the Imperium.
Attacker - Tory

Kill the lights.
Take out the power station and the defenses of the enemies of order will be seriously weakened. (not quite sure how yet, but boy will it be good).
Attacker - Nate

Anyone who wants to change, or who has any ideas on scenarios let me know.

Nate

Last edited by spacewolflars on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm

that6 sounds pretty cool actually. also, if we could make some posters or some crap, we could put them at other stores. remember the main idea is to get people registered and active on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://theangrymarines.com
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:48 am

Yeah, I think it'd be cool.

all other issues aside the most important thing would be to see how many people we are going to bring. So if anyone is interested, leave a post. In your post tell which chapter you are playing, how many points you'd like to play and which table you'd prefer. Also, if you have any ideas for side tables include that as well.

For example, here's my pledge:

Nate
Space Wolves
2000 points
Main bunker assault or on the side table taking out their big guns

I am thinking that the best day to do this would be Sunday, April 26, though this is subject to change depending on what I hear from the Katy store and what we decide here. We need to get this on calenders so that they can start promoting it in their store, so we need to decide fairly soon.

Also, one last note; I'd like to put our best foot forward so to speak. So I'd like to see everyone pledge to bring either models that they have already painted or will be able to paint by the time that we go. That being said, I'm not talking about golden demon contenders, just a half-way decent table-top paint job.

That's all for now,

Nate
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Denver
Black Templars
2000pts

most of my stuff is painted but i still need to base stuff.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
David

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:42 pm

David
Blood Angels
2000-2500 Pts. 90% painted. Can get done on time.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:49 am

This sounds really awesome. I wish I could bring my Storm Reavers.

When I get back late August I would love to have a Sugar Land space marines versus non-Imperials 3v3 or 4v4 non-apocolypse game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Count me in.

Tory
Imperial Fists
2,000 - 3,000 points (All painted)
Main bunker assault or on the side table taking out their big guns.
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
Angelofblades

Angelofblades

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:02 pm

I guess I could join in as well.

same amount of Flesh Tearers as David, equal amount painted.
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 am

the best part will be that we have "spread" to another store. this is great for us as an organization.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Allright so that's 5 of us, I think that is a good bare minimum. It would be nice to get an alternate or two and/or a couple more people just in case.

I think the biggest thing right now would be to get the name of the club nailed down (in the other thread in the club section), and come up with some kind of a sign-in/sign-up sheet for Katy to put up. once we do that I can go up there and give it to them. I'd like to do this by this weekend.

If it's not a problem with anyone, I'm going to keep the roster of Attacking angry marines and the tentative table assignments and scenarios in the opening post of this thread, just to make it easy to find.

I think for right now it would be good to put a cap of 2000 points per player unless we decide to go apocalypse.

That's all I got for now,

Nate
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:03 pm

I could be a stand by for this event as well, if you need a alternate. Anything to help........
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 am

I was in Katy this weekend, so I decided to pop in and see what was the hap. I talked to Raymond and he was saying that there was a pretty big group who are pretty stoked about the idea. So good news/bad news time.

Good news: there are about 15 guys up there who are into playing against us and starting up a Warhammer club. More like as not there would be about a half dozen who would really be able to make it to the game.

Bad news: I don't know if this is bad or not, but they want to make up their own club instead of being an offshoot of ours. I guess in a way it would be good, as then no one from Sugarland would have to bother with managing a club in Katy.

Kinda funny really, Raymond and Fred presented our challenge to a few of their regulars who said "We can start clubs?!!?"
Back to top Go down
Nick
Adeptus Mechanicus (Web Master)
Nick

Number of posts : 200

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Yeah I mean us having more players would be great but it never occurred to me really that our Sugar Land-based club would really be able to extend all the way to Katy effectively.

Best case scenario is that we keep growing and that they do too, and that the large player base in the two stores a) keep the stores profitable and high profile and around and b) create enough of a community and enough in-store and trans-store tournaments and events that GW takes notice of west Houston and starts to finally get serious about sponsoring the area with as many tournaments and great prizes as it does with the two comic book stores in Austin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storm-reavers.net
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 pm

all of that is great news actually. we need the competition!!!!! RIVALRY TIME BABY!
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:12 am

die 77th, die............ who needs you, just die........ LOL.
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 am

thedenver(admin) wrote:
all of that is great news actually. we need the competition!!!!! RIVALRY TIME BABY!

This is indeed true and currently a great thing going on else where, that my eyes have seen.
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:31 pm

For the third table, "Kill the Lights" I am thinking that it should be the power station for about 5 to 6 feet of electric fences on the main table.

So on the main table the defenders would get to place about 6 feet of fences that surround the compound and require a difficult and/or dangerous terrain test to all non-skimmer models that try to cross it. The fences may not be more than 24 inches from the defender's table edge (on a 6x8 table). Once the power station is destroyed the fences are removed.

I'm not too sure if that would be too powerful for the defenders or not powerful enough. I need some feedback on this one.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Peter

Peter

Number of posts : 16

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Is it to late for the Imperial Guard to tag along? Sad
Back to top Go down
spacewolflars

spacewolflars

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 am

Just a quick Update everyone: I sent an e-mail to Raymond over at the Katy store throwing the gauntlet down for Saturday May the 16th. He said that he would pose the challenge to his group. Still haven't heard back from him on it.

@ Peter, No it wouldn't be too late, as long as they are appropriately angry. How many points do you have painted? Though, depending on when the codex releases I guess that may change.
Back to top Go down
Peter

Peter

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm

I will have to wait till the new IG codex comes out and I am realy thinking about changing my paint job on all my TANKS and Guard Infantry. It should be an easy job painting a new color scheme on my TANKS with the spay gun. I hope you guys dont mind if the TANKS taking up space on the table. lol!
Back to top Go down
Manichunter

Manichunter

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Peter wrote:
I will have to wait till the new IG codex comes out and I am realy thinking about changing my paint job on all my TANKS and Guard Infantry. It should be an easy job painting a new color scheme on my TANKS with the spay gun. I hope you guys dont mind if the TANKS taking up space on the table. lol!

It will be even more fun watching you remove them as they explode from my bright lances. HEHEHEHEHE
Back to top Go down
Peter

Peter

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 pm

We will see! Just wait! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
For Dorn!

For Dorn!

Number of posts : 168

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:16 pm

spacewolflars wrote:
Just a quick Update everyone: I sent an e-mail to Raymond over at the Katy store throwing the gauntlet down for Saturday May the 16th. He said that he would pose the challenge to his group. Still haven't heard back from him on it.

Just a reminder, the Assault on Katy is two weekends away. Saturday May 16th.
Back to top Go down
http://fordorn.blogspot.com/
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm

i shall be present for that.
Back to top Go down
thedenver(admin)
Admin
thedenver(admin)

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:43 pm

just found out ill be working, sooo guess i wont be there. my life is starting to get too serious...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assault on Katy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assault on Katy   Assault on Katy Empty

Back to top Go down

Assault on Katy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next